Position is responsible for assembling cut material into floor and roof trusses to specification. The position may also be responsible for pulling plates, stacking of finished product, banding and marking materials, and pushing product on carts to appropriate area. Position reports to Section Lead person and Foreman.
1. Read and interpret work orders and production schedules (typed, handwritten, computer screen).
2. Pull plates.
3. Set up and operate presses, nail guns, and other equipment.
4. Place cut material and plates per specification.
5. Connect plates with the use of hammer and/or press.
6. Lift and stack product off lumber carts, band and mark product, and push/pull product on carts to designated areas.
7. Complete continuous quality review throughout processes to meet quality and accuracy requirements including dimensions, lumber grades, and building process.
8. Perform daily stretch and flex prior to starting job duties.
9. Perform routine cleaning and maintenance of equipment and work area.
10. Report any equipment and product deficiencies to Lead.
11. Follow all established written and unwritten company procedures.
12. Wear all required PPE (steel toed boots, safety glasses, ear plugs, gloves).
13. Comply with OSHA requirements and established company safety policies and procedures.
14. Accepts other duties as assigned by the Section Lead and Foreman.
1. General knowledge of the assembly process.
2. Ability to safely and effectively use a hammer, tape measure, and to band, stack and move product safely.
3. Ability to safely operate a forklift is preferred, but not a requirement.
4. Basic math skills are required.
5. Ability to communicate effectively (speaking, listening, and writing) with co-workers.
Preference may be given for previous related experience.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
This position require the ability to continuously stand, squat, bend, reach, and kneel; walk, handle push/pull up to 20 lbs, and lift/carry up to 25lbs; frequently push/pull up to 80 lbs, and lift/carry up to 40 lbs; occasionally lift/carry up to 100 lbs and push/pull up to 100 lbs with or without assistance from others.
This description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job identified for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive title to every function described.
The work environment requires the employees to work both inside and outside. The environment generally includes dust, dirt, equipment noise; working near moving machinery. PPE required at all times.
Call Shane at Manpower- www.applymanpower.com and Choose la Crosse
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers