QR Code Link to This Post
Help us help our customers realize their dreams of a beautiful home!
Join The #1 Furniture Company-Join The #1 Furniture Brand
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world. Established in 1945, Ashley offers one of the industry's broadest product assortments to retail partners in 123 countries.
Design, Build, Deliver:
Using our internationally acclaimed in-house design team, we create the look without paying expensive design fees. Then, by adhering to some of the most efficient production standards in the world, we can maximize productivity and minimize waste, generating additional savings for you. Finally, all orders are filled from strategically located regional warehouses and are serviced by our own fleet of trucks, the largest in the industry.
The Custodial Supervisor will oversee multiple shift operations of the custodial services. This position will supervise, train, motivate and discipline employees. In addition, the Custodial Supervisor will evaluate staff, procedures and work schedules for custodians on multiple shifts and will assist in the development of the staff on each shift.
Primary Job Functions
- Supervise the procurement, inventory, and distribution of custodial supplies and equipment.
- Place work orders for repairs and ensure requests are completed.
- Perform regular building inspections to ensure safe and sanitary conditions.
- Improve and develop departmental performance through research, testing, and application of new technology and methods.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area's goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods, and materials.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Required
- 3 years custodial/housekeeping experience, Required
- Supervisory/Management experience
- Experience working with janitorial equipment such as automatic scrubbers and burnishes
Licenses or Certifications
- Powered Industrial Vehicle license, or ability to obtain within 30 days, Required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic application and safe handling of cleaning materials
- Building fixture functions and troubleshooting
- Document management system
- Basic math skills to perform operations that use chemical dilution ration
- Perform minor building maintenance repairs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Provide effective leadership to promote teamwork and a demonstrated ability to lead people to generate expected results
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Management of resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods, and materials
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Display empathy, understanding, and patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW!